CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Monday, March 16, 2015

Sorry Folks... Walley World's Closed!



Sorry folks, park's closed.


Moose out front shoulda told ya.


Hello, I'm Shady Del Knight.
If you're like me, your sides are splitting right about now as you recall the misadventures of Clark Griswold and his family in Gone With the Wind National Lampoon's Vacation. Reminding you of this scene from the movie is my way of letting you know that, effective immediately, I need to take another break from blogging. I urge you to remain calm. Please don't run through the streets in panic. Shady Dell Music & Memories is not really "closing." Your home away from home will remain open 24-7 just as it has all these years. The only difference is that I will not be here to publish new posts or to visit and comment on your blog. You see, I am relocating to another city and for the next couple of weeks I will need to focus all my time and energy on packing, moving and getting set up in my new residence.


Please be patient. I shall return. I will miss you,
dear friend. Please take good care of yourself
and I'll see you next month.

Have a Shady day!

25 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the move Shady, I hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I will make sure that Shady love continues. Be careful and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Won't you be my neighbor..."

    Mr. Rogers and Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll leave a light on here at the Pines...good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck with the move Shady, I hope it all goes well! I'll be doing the same myself in a few months. I hope it remains as stress free as possible for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moving is just awful. You have my deepest sympathies. I hope the move is as pleasant as it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you all the best for your move, Shady, take good care of yourself, my good friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. good for you, i'm excited for you, my friend! have a wonderful time...moving can be fun if we let it! until the next time your post graces my feed, love A&D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also hope your move is free of difficulties. When you start up your blog again I will try very hard to comment in a timely manner. I absolutely love your blogs and our friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep dancin' Shady....and enjoy the move! What an adventure.

    Ciao

    R

    ReplyDelete
  11. HA! This post was not only hilarious but a little sad!
    Bringing back the Wally World (closed) memory makes me laugh out loud!--BUT. . .
    You will be missed, Shady!
    Gook luck with your move and your new location.
    Cherdo will keep your absence alive and well in our minds for all Blogger fans/friends (so clever and funny Cherdo!)
    Happy St. Patty's Day and please come back soon, Shady!!!
    Toni Deroche

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will surely miss going down history lane with your posts dear friend. Hope to see you back soon. Good luck on your transfer. Wish you a smooth and fun travel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope your move goes well and quickly. We will await your return with patience and good wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also send my best of luck wishes because I am cool like that

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy the move and the last few weeks in your old city! I hope your internet connection is installed promptly and without issue so that you may get back to blogging asap!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I hope things go well with this move and that it all unfolds as it should. You will be greatly missed, but I look forward to your return!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, that is some news! I hope the move is all you need it to me and more. I'm just relieved to find out you will return. I've been terrible about blogging and so when I do take some time to check in...what can I say...big surprise from you! Looking forward to your return...safe travels and big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool! Have a safe trip to you new digs and enjoy the settling in part.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you very much for your kind comments, dear friends. I'm back in business and I'll see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Are you hiring movers? If not and you need help, I'm a fantastic burly moving man, impersonating as a junebug.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, dear Janie Junebug! Thank you very much for coming by. I wasn't planning to hire movers, but if you are volunteering for the job, I promise that you will be generously compensated for your long hours of labor in the hot Florida sun. How does a coupon for 10 cents off a 7-Eleven Big Gulp sound?

      Thank you for stepping up, dear Janie. Please report for duty at 5 am tomorrow. Better yet, make it midnight tonight!

      Delete
  21. Okay. My comment is here. I'm going back to check on the April Fool's comment again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not remove people's comments.

      That's Cherdo's job.

      Delete
  22. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

You talkin' to me?