Things to know and remember about John:
* John was a graduate of York High School.
* John played football and baseball and was considered very athletic.
* John was
an extremely intelligent man.
* John attended a junior college until his father pulled him out to help with the family farm in Foustown, the Cousler Park area north of York.
* John was a collector of antiques. He purchased many pieces from his youngest brother Paul who was an antiques dealer. The late Paul Ettline always spoke very highly of his oldest brother.
* Looking back at John Ettline’s life, it's safe to say that he was a John of all trades and a master of many.
* John worked in coal mines.
*John was a music agent, scheduling bands for local clubs.
* John managed various York clubs including the historic Valencia Ballroom, America’s first air conditioned dance hall.
* John also managed Lehmeyer’s, the classy men's clothier on North George St.
* John was a dapper dresser, a great dancer and a very handsome gentleman.
* John was a ladies' man, a man's man and very much his own man.