CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Announcing a New Direction for this Blog... All Family Guy...All the Time!

XXX
Drive, Brian! I’ve fallen madly in love with Jackie Burkhart, the sassy, high maintenance vixen on That ‘70s Show.  According to TMZ she’s signing autographs today at the mall. You’re going to take me there to meet her, so PUNCH IT, BABY!


Oh, Jackie! Those eyes! Those lips! That hair!
No
wonder you were crowned Snow Queen runner-up!

Jackie’s vulnerable right now, Brian. She kicked Kelso to the curb and she and Hyde can’t stand each other. Now’s the time for me to make my move before Fez enters the picture.

 
Jackie’s a material girl, Brian.
You know the type. She drives me wild with her pouty, peevish attitude and her selfish, spoiled brat behavior!


That’s where you come in, Brian.
I’m going to give you to Jackie as a gift so that she can carry you around in her designer doggie bag and have a whole vanity status rich pampered debutante prima donna Paris Hilton kind of thing going on! Follow?



I know you'll miss me blind, Brian, but think about the greater good - you'll be making Stewie happy! Jackie will be so impressed by my generosity that before you know it her name will be Jackie Griffin and we'll be sharing a crib!

I’m certain that Jackie will know me the moment we approach her kiosk at
Cheese Paradise. I already sent her a picture.






Stewie, I’m feeling you, but the owls are not what they seem. Do you know what I mean by that?




Using a dated Twin Peaks reference on me at a time like this, Brian?


Actually, it’s SPECIAL Agent Cooper, Audrey. Come back to my room and I'll show you my giant.



Look, Stewie, I hate to burst your bubble, but you and Jackie are all wrong for each other!



You’re jealous, you mangy mutt! You simply can’t stand the fact that I’m an adorable, precocious one year old who never gets a day older and that
I have this positively uncanny ability to nail Rex Harrison's English accent! Now every night before you get into bed, where you used to say your prayers, I want you to say "The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain" fifty times!

Stewie,
you don't understand.  You're making a big mistake and you gotta know the truth.

Jackie is Meg.


Do you mean Megan Fox???


Oh, I KNEW KNEW KNEW there was a resemblance! Come to think of it,
I never once saw Megan and Jackie
in the same room at the same time!



No! No, Stewie, lookit.....
I really hate to break it to ya but Jackie is Meg.....your SISTER.


LIAR! LIAR! PANTS ON FIRE! Oh, I hate you, Brian! Go straight to the pound. Do not pass "go"...do not collect $200!


Now I'm going to stand on my head and hold my breath till I turn blue!



It’s true, Stewie. Jackie Burkhart isn't real. She's a character
that I play on TV.


You wouldn't believe what they can
do nowadays with a little pancake, some mascara and a soft-focus lens.  Ever hear of Black SwanIt's all
smoke and mirrors, kiddo.


This isn’t the first time I broke a boy’s heart, Stewie, and it won’t be the last. It might take the next 50 years but someday you'll get over me, pick up the pieces of what was once your life, and move on.


I'm pretty sure he's already moved, Meg. Time for a diaper change.
 

Happy April Fools' Day!

33 comments:

  1. Well, Shady, you sure got me! This was so clever and creative. I really thought Shady Dell Music and Memories blog had taken a turn ... a very serious turn off the deep end! :-) A reminder to be more cautious for the rest of this day and aware that more fast ones could be pulled on me!

    Thanks for making me laugh this morning even before my coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, call me gullable. You had me going all the way to the end and very nicely done I might add. I always said you were good and you keep on proving it. Of course it wasn't all bad, you had some very nice pictures that I don't regret gazing upon. Have a simply shady day.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy - You got it! I'm happy to know that I helped get your day started with a smile. There's one thing I'm totally serious about and that's how much I appreciate your friendship and support! Have a marvelous April 1st, dear friend!

    Odie - I hear ya! I always enjoy gazing at DOG pictures, too! (LOL) Thanks for joining the fun, Odie, and have a wonderful Friday, good buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was very funny. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trixie Racer - Hello and welcome to SDM&M! I am very pleased to know that I put a :) on your face today. Please come back and see me soon and often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't remember the last time I was that engrossed in a blog post!! ;D ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. PencilGirl - I'm glad I engrossed you! That's what I'm here for...to engross! I LIVE to engross! (LOL) Have a splendid April Fools' Day, dear friend P-Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. April fools, giggle.Hugs and happy Friday my friend.xo P.S. have you made it over to my new location yet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got me too! But I do think you missed your calling as a cartoonist. I know you copied the pics, but you are one funny and witty guy.
    Happy April Fools Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katie - So nice of you to stop by! Yes, I have seen your new location and I love following your blog. Thank you very much for following mine, dear friend!

    Belle - Your compliments mean a great deal to me because I know that you always give your honest opinion about things. I am proud and honored to have you as a friend! Happy A.F.D., dear Belle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You certainly fooled me Shady my dear friend!! Happy April Fool's Day to you! I honestly thought that you were completely changing direction with your blog. I should have known better, shouldn't I?! As if you would ever move away from The Dell. Well done - really made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thisisme - Don't worry, my dear, I won't ever stray from the Dell too far or too long. You'll see why in my very next post! Thank you for visiting and have a wonderful weekend in England, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow that was an elaborate story and I loved it! Your imagination is about as wild as mine and I dig that about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Forgot to mention I was able to find the tune Childs Song by Tom Rush on youtube and really enjoyed it. Its such a touching song. Thanks for the recommendation

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amber Blue Bird - Me diggy you, too! I'm glad we're birds of a feather. Thanks for checking out Tom Rush. I hope you can find more of his material on Y/T, especially that self titled 1970 album and the next one entitled Wrong End of the Rainbow. Have a super weekend, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was simply amazing. So amazing, in fact, I'm going to share it with all my facebook friends!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ashton - Knowing how busy you are it means a lot to me that you took the time to visit and read my special A.F.D. edition. It means even more to me that you liked it enough to want to share it with friends. That's very sweet of you and I will long remember your kindness, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hehehehe! I chuckled the whole way through! Very cleverly done Shady and loving the Twin Peaks reference. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kelly-marie - I thank you, my dear friend, and Special Agent Cooper thanks you! It's so nice of you to come across the pond for a visit and I wish you a marvy weekend in London town!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shady, I was sorry to hear about the tornado coming through Florida. I'm glad you are okay, but sorry you lost some trees. I hope you have more in your yard.

    I was at my sister's place in Florida when a hurricane came through. It was a first for me! I cleaned up the yard the next day also, it was strewn with limbs from the trees but we didn't lose any.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Belle - You're a sweetheart! There were 9 separate tornadoes in Florida on Thursday. One of them struck the airport near me where there's a week long air show in progress. 40 planes were tossed around like toys and 70 people trapped when a large tent collapsed. No serious injuries. It might have been the same twister that swept through my back yard, knocking down three large trees and overturning an iron frame swing with a canopy. Luckily the house was left intact and there are many other trees still standing. In 2004 and 2005 hurricanes hit Central Florida hard and about a dozen trees fell on the property, three of them on the roof of the house. We all have dramas and crises to deal with that are not always published on the front pages of our blogs. Thank you very much for your concern, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was so confused... but in the best way possible. Happy April Fools to you too Shady!
    PS. I watched Circus of Horrors the other night and remembered that it was you who had recommended it to me. I just wanted you to know I loved it! Anton Diffring was seriously creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Alabee - I'm delighted to see you here again, dear friend! I can't even remember what prompted me to recommend Circus of Horrors to you but I am thrilled to know that you watched it and liked it! Yes, Anton Diffring was creepy and the juxtaposition of beauty and terror made quite an impression on 10 year old me. It's wonderful to know that you and I can add this movie and the song "Look for a Star" to the list of things that we have in common. Please take good care of yourself and come back soon, dear Alabee!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm a fan of David Lynch!
    Twin Peaks was a great one, Shady!
    even the music soundtracks were haunting!

    Great weekend to you dear!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great April fools! Your sense of humour is second to none. Loved it =)


    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lenore - When it comes to David Lynch you and I are definitely on the same wavelength. He's one of my favorite directors. I found Twin Peaks enthralling and agree that its soundtrack was haunting. Thank you very much for dropping by, dear Lenore Nevermore, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Leanne Elizabeth - Hello, dear friend! I'm glad to know that you get my humor and that my bogus blog post gave you a smile or two. Thank you ever so much for coming over during the wee hours of the morning. Your friendship and support are very important to me, Leanne!

    ReplyDelete
  28. There's quite a good reason that you have twenty-seven comments on this post. You are such a talented and creative writer who can really draw a reader in with your words that are woven so beautifully. Not to mention your incredible kindness to all in the blogging world make you an great contender for world's nicest blogger. Perhaps you may think I'm stretching things a bit too far, but I'm quite serious. I truly can't say thank you enough for the kind words you write on my blog. They lift my heart and soul up and bring a smile to the ends of my often downturned mouth. You are such a wonderful person Mr. Anderson. Please just always know that.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lauren - Your kind comments bring tears of joy to my eyes. I am elated to know that my words can sometimes brighten an otherwise dark day for you or give you insight and help you to cope with life's challenges. You should be lauded for having the wisdom and strength of character to remain open and receptive to the input of someone far removed from your generation. Ours is a unique friendship and one that I treasure. Good night to you in Ohio, dear Lauren, and have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi,
    What a wonderful post. I am glad to read something about Shady Dell after such a long time and the pictures are truly fabulous too.
    Well done!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was "gotten" by this- very clever and enjoyable! Although it's quite a distance off, I'm already looking forward to reading the next April Fool's post, although I hope I will remember to be more wary! Had a great laugh with this-

    ReplyDelete
  32. Shelly - It helps if you are a regular viewer of Family Guy, the edgy animated sitcom. To me it's the funniest show on television bar none. I'm glad you got a smile or a laugh out of this. I love to share my sense of humor here on the blog and April Fool's Day gives me the perfect opportunity. Thanks so much, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Stunning story theгe. What ocсurreԁ аfteг?
    Take care!

    Checκ out my homepage ... mega

    ReplyDelete

You talkin' to me?