CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Smash and Pass, Dine and Dash, Crash and Burn, Baby Hit and Run. Israel's Got Questions and I've Got Answers.

xxx
My blog buddy Israel over at Israel Carrasco Monologue Jokes has tagged me to take part in the viral Smash and Pass blog survey.

I am required to answer the 19 survey questions and then pass the questionaire along to 4 more bloggers. Here goes!

Survey Questions:

1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals, or are they members of your family?

I am a lifelong dog lover and my black Cocker Spaniel Toto
is definitely a member of the family.


Toto is 11-and-a-half now and has ailments but she's loaded with personality. She's funny, inquisitive, playful, spunky, mischievous, moody and grouchy. She chases cats and has accidents in the house and I love her!

2. If you can have a dream to come true, what would
it be?

I realize that this is the kind of answer you get from every Miss America contestant but it really is my dream. I would like to wake up and discover that peace suddenly broke out all around the globe, and from that moment on we shared the land, fed the hungry and loved unconditionally. Now that's not asking too much, is it?

3. What is the one thing most hated by you?

Hate.

4. What would you do with a billion dollars?

I would buy the Shady Dell, restore it to its original appearance, and reopen it as a museum with docent tours and lectures. I would also set up a nationwide scholarship fund for disadvantaged youth stipulating that it would only be used to subsidize academic pursuits including music and the arts. The fund would not provide athletic scholarships.

5. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?

A billion dollars would be a good start!  If that's not available at the moment then I would watch dogs and other animals at work, at play or at rest; gaze at plants, trees, mountains and streams; body surf at the seashore; listen to feel good music; and watch comedies and standup comedians.

6. Which is more blessed, loving someone or being
loved by someone?

I actually believe it is more blessed to receive than to give.
If you open up and allow yourself to receive someone's love you are really giving them the gift because that person has the need to share their love with you and you validate them by accepting it and appreciating it.


7. What is your bedtime routine?



Why shucks,
that's easy. 

I slip into my

chipmunk
costume...
put on a stack 
of Rudy Vallee

records, and
ZOWIE!!!!!





8. If you are currently in a relationship, how did you
meet your partner?

We met at our office Christmas party which took place during a nighttime yacht voyage. (No, the yacht did not belong to Osgood Fielding III.)

9. If you could watch a creative person in the act of
the creative process, who would it be?

I would look over his or her shoulder as an editor cut an important motion picture or a record producer mixed multiple channels of sound in the studio on the way to making a music masterpiece.

10. What kinds of books do you read?

Strictly nonfiction: books on motivation and self improvement, bios, books related to the entertainment industry or the news media.

11. How would you see yourself in ten years time?

By looking in a mirror with the lights dimmed and wearing rose colored glasses.

12. What’s your fear?

My greatest fear is that the world I once knew is vanishing around me and is being replaced by something that I hardly recognize. I fear that the values and lessons of the past along with the people, places and things that were part
of it will be forgotten or, even worse, dismissed by future generations as irrelevant.


13. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your
life for the opportunity to visit outer space?

N/A. I don't eat junk food, nor do I have any desire to visit outer space.

14. Would you rather be single and rich or married
but poor?

There's always a trick question and I think I just found it.

15. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?

I roll over on my right side and tell Jessica Alba to get up and bring me the morning paper. Then I roll over on my left side and tell Scarlett Johansson to fetch my slippers.Then I tell both of them to amscray before my wife Rachel McAdams walks in on us. (Then I wake up.)


16. If you could change one thing about your
spouse/partner what would it be?

She would quit smoking.

17. If you could pick a new name for yourself  
what would it be?

I always fancied myself as Daisy.

18. Would you forgive and forget no matter how
horrible a thing that special someone has done?

Forgive yes. Forget no. You can't unring a bell.

19. If you could only eat one thing for the next
6 months, what would it be?

The world's largest pizza pie...the size of Ohio!


And I'd invite my pal Belle to join me!
(I don't consider pizza to be junk food.)

Now, I would like to tag the following four bloggers to participate in the survey:

Katia at Velvet and Old Laces

Odie at The Simple Life

Karen at Puppy Kisses

Joan at Anything Fits a Naked Man

Thanks for thinking of me, good friend Israel! Please visit and support Israel's blog Israel Carrasco Monologue Jokes.

Have a Shady day!

30 comments:

  1. Great answers thanx for playing. Is it o.k if I call you Daisy from now on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely getting to know you a little bit more Shady Dell. Toto is adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you DAISY,i will partecipate to this game :D
    i agree about the pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Israel - Yes, you can call me Daisy, and I'll also have you know that "Danger" is my middle name, baby! Thanks for sharing the survey with me and have a fab day in L.A., Israel!

    Kelly-marie - Thank you for coming over for a visit! I will pass your compliment along to Toto who, at this very moment, is busy peeing on the rug! Have a splendid day in London town, dear friend!

    Katia - I am eager to see your answers to these questions, dear friend. Let's do pizza next time I'm in Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shady, Shady - how did I come to miss this brilliant post?! You gave some fantastic answers there, and why does it not surprise me that your little dog is called Toto?! World peace would be wonderful. I can't see why it's so difficult to achieve! Answer to number 6 was very interesting, and very generous to the other person. Number 7 - loved the answer to that one. Rudy Valee - gosh, you're taking me back to my teenage years again. I've got "Tell Laura I Love Her" on My mind, but I'm sure you will tell me that that was someone else. You and I will be doing the same for answer 11! I think that number 12 is your best answer. I so am with you on that one, and it is pretty frightening. Good answers to 14 and 15! Made me smile. Well, I think that's about it for now, Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thisisme - I have opened Pandora's box with this Daisy thing, haven't I? It's too late now but I'm kicking myself for not going with my first instinct and calling myself Priscilla. I'm glad you got a smile or two out of reading my answers and I hope you have a delightful day in Devon, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic answers, Shady! Revealing, and entertaining, all at once! And thanks for passing this along to me, it's a great honor.

    My answers may be a short while coming, however, as I'm about to take a bit of a break. I hope you'll understand, and know I'll get to it as soon as I get back!

    Thanks again, Shady, this was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Shady, found you via Southhamsdarling's blog. Love the music you but on here (even though it is a different generation to me!!), it's still great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joan - I'm honored that you have chosen to accept the survey. I chose you as a recipient because you are always quite candid and seem to enjoy opening up about your life. There's no rush and I look forward to reading your answers when they are published. Thanks for coming by, Joanie, and good luck with the blizzard!

    Gawgus things - Hello and welcome to SDM&M and thank you for becoming my first follower in Paris, France! I hope you will visit often and join the fun. Your comments are always welcome and very much appreciated!

    Pomona Green - Thank you for becoming my third follower in Liverpool! I am a great admirer of your work and I hope you will become a regular visitor and commenter! Welcome to Shady Dell Music & Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sniff sniff :( i had a tag waiting for you too on Jan 26th!

    yes i shall call you Daisy from now on!!! hahaha :D i LOVE your puppydog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LyDe - Oh my! I owe you an apology, dear friend. I completely missed my name at the end of that post of yours. I am delighted to know that you thought of me and I will collect my award, proudly paste the seal on my front page and answer the questions! Your friendship is important to me and I thank you very much, LyDe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've waited all day to comment because I like to take my time listening to your songs. But here you are with your survey!

    How you met your wife is very romantic! I smoke also - it is hard to quit, but I hope she does one day. I like what you would do with the billion dollars, and I like your choice in books.
    I believe pizza is a healthy food too; Thin crust with veggies, how could that be bad?
    I don't know that I agree values were any better in the old days. I think they were just hidden.
    I won't call you Daisy, you look more like a Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Belle - My name is Sue. How do you do? (LOL) A Rose by any other name, right? I know what you're saying about the past. When boomers start longing for the good old days they are wearing those very same rose colored glasses that I mentioned. We must remember that there were aspects of life decades ago that were worse than they are today. Thank you for reporting in, dear Belle, and have a wonderful evening in B.C.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shady, I enjoyed reading your answers and thank you for passing it along to me. Some of those questions are tough! I will have to put some thought into it, so I will try to get mine posted in the next day or two.
    P.S. Toto is absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed this little survey and getting to know you more =) Toto is quite adorable. I still live at home with the ole' folks and we have a dog called Daisy ;)

    World peace would be a dream come true and I absolutely agree with you on your greatest fear about morals and today's society etc.


    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karen (puppykisses) - I'm so glad you have chosen to answer the questionaire, too! I love the photos you have posted of your own dogs and your stories of how you came by them. You are a very special person for opening your heart and your home to those wonderful animals! Thanks for coming over, Karen!

    Leanne - That's too funny that you live with a dog named Daisy! (LOL) You are an absolute delight, Leanne. You are a modern woman in tune with the present and connected to the past. You're an old soul with a good heart and it's such a pleasure to know you! Thanks for stopping by and sweet dreams in Liverpool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Shady - Just realized it was Ricky Vallance that sang "Tell Laura I Love Her, and NOT Rudy Vallee!! LOL! Well, I was close.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thisisme - You and I can both learn from this. I never heard of Ricky Valance until you brought him to my attention. Now that I've read about him I know that he was a Welsh singer (same as Tom Jones) who had a #1 UK hit in 1960 with "Tell Laura I Love Her." The only version of the tear jerker that I knew before this was the one by Ray Peterson that reached the top 10 stateside earlier that year. Rudy Vallee was way before your time, dear Thisisme. He was a singer and bandleader who was popular in the late 20's and the 30's. My references to "a stack of Rudy Vallee records" and "ZOWIE" are ripped from the 1959 Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon movie Some Like it Hot. Comic actor Joe E. Brown, the man pictured in my post, played Osgood Fielding III, a rich old man who fell in love with Daphne (Jack Lemmon in drag) and tried to entice her/him to join him on his yacht by announcing that he just got a new stack of Rudy Vallee records. Throughout the movie Osgood says "ZOWIE!" whenever he becomes excited. I hope that explains what I was going for there. Now that I think about it, I should have kept the Some Like it Hot thread going and called myself Daphne! (LOL) Thanks for following up, dear Thisisme!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Shady, aha! all is revealed! I have seen the film Some Like It Hot, but not for quite a long time, and I hadn't picked up on that (not good enough, Thisisme). Thank you for the explanation. I am presuming that Priscilla refers to Queen of the Desert?!! Take care dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thisisme - Again I'm learning something new because I was not familiar with the Australian dramedy The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. Actually, I fancy myself as more the Priscilla Presley type! (LOL)

    I noticed that Hugo Weaving was one of the stars of Priscilla Queen of the Desert. The veteran Aussie actor turned up in a couple of my favorite movies including the 1986 film For Love Alone (the first film made by my favorite actress Naomi Watts), and Proof (1991). Have a sensational evening in picturesque Southhams, dear Thisisme!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi again. That was a coincidence that Hugo Weaving from the Priscilla film also appeared in a couple of your favourite films. Life is full of coincidences sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Shady I'm so glad to meet your dog! She is absolutely adorable. I laughed out loud at the Some Like it Hot reference (by far my favorite Marilyn Monroe movie). It was interesting to learn more about you. One things or sure, you've got a good sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Alabee - Thank you! I will pass your compliment along to Toto. Please give Lucy and Cody a hug for me. I'm glad you understood and appreciated my attempts at humor. You always seem to get me and I don't have to tell you how good that feels. What an exceptional friend you are! Have a terrific evening in California, dear Alabee!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm glad Shady. But you never seem to get me! I assure you, I am not as complicated as you perhaps think I am. And it's no mystery why I'm glad to have such a good friend as you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I feel the same way about my pup, he is more like my child. Thanks for the get well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amber - Thanks for swinging by, dear friend. I hope you feel better real soon. Please give Oliver a hug for me and tell him that love means never having to say you're sorry for peeing on the rug!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, your anwsers were so inspirational, thoughtful,and not to mention witty as well Mr. Anderson! Again, I sincerely apologize for it being so long since I've last commented. I've missed you're clever and always chock full of wisdom writing style! And I must say, Rachel Mcadams is my favorite actress and is beyond beautiful... You sure do know how to pick em'!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lauren - It's great to hear from you, my snowbound friend! I also know how to pick winners and I see a real champion in Someone Like You! Thank you very much for visiting tonight, dear Lauren, and stay warm in Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Don't have a clue how I could have miss the blog entirely. Had to go back and search for it. This was another great one for February with awesome titles and music. You sure put a lot of work into your posts my friend. I will work on the list and get it posted as quickly as I can. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  30. AOK Odie - I completely understand. The more blog friends that you and I acquire the greater the risk of overlooking someone or something. Having many friends can make life more hectic but when you think of the alternative (not having any friends at all) it's well worth the extra time and effort. Thanks for commenting and I look forward to seeing your completed questionaire!

    ReplyDelete

You talkin' to me?