CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011: Year of the Dell Rat

XXX
"It ain't over till it's over."
"This is like deja-vu all over again!"
                                                                      - Yogi Berra



You unlock this door


with the key of imagination.


Beyond it is another dimension,

a dimension of sound,

a dimension of sight,

a dimension of mind.


You're moving into a land of both

shadow and substance, of things

and ideas. You've just crossed

over into...


CLICK!

KISS IT GOODBYE!
2010 CAME AND WENT.  TIME HAS COME TODAY.


If life is a radio...
TURN IT UP TO 10!

CLICK!

This is my happening and it freaks me out!

Ronald Barzell - Class of '70, Contact High

CLICK!

Welcome to the grand reopening of York, Pennsylvania's legendary Shady Dell, now at its new location at the corner of Blogspot and Cyberspace! Admission is free, but visitors
are asked to bring along three things: a youthful spirit,
a respectful attitude and a sense of humor.

Kenneth in NYC writes: "Fiddlesticks, Mr. Knight! This sounds keen, but I never attended the Shady Dell. In fact,
I never even heard of it! I landed on
this site by accident while searching for that RV park in Arizona. You're NEVER gonna let somebody like ME join the fun!"


Don't fret, Kenny...and don't leave just yet. You see,
I believe there was a Shady Dell in everybody's life at one time or another...that special place where you and your friends met to unwind, groove to tunes and talk some trash. (You look puzzled, Kenny.) It might have been a nightclub,
a canteen, a rec center, a YMCA, a church social hall or
a friend's basement. (No? Still drawing a blank?) It doesn't matter, Kenny. If you can relate in any way to what we're discussing here, you are more than welcome to visit and share some of your own memories. Cool? Hold that thought!

CLICK!

"I REARRANGED MY SOCK DRAWER TODAY...

JUST THOUGHT YOU'D LIKE TO KNOW."

Tired of ordinary blogs that promise regular updates only to bore you with trivial, unimaginative posts like that one? You deserve better! Join the thousands of satisfied subscribers who've made the switch
to Shady Dell Music & Memories!



Hi, I’m your genial host
Shady Del Knight! With SDM&M, you always
get posts that are
informative, thought
provoking and entertaining.


Best of all... I promise to
put a smile on your face
or double your money back! That's right! Double your money back!!! Know of any other bloggers who make that guarantee?



Beware of imitators!
Accept no substitutes!  

Trust the one and only, the original  
Shady Dell Music & Memories
for all your blogging needs!

CLICK!

The vorpal blade goes snickersnack!


Ah yes, Jungle Lad. Meet my friend Excalibur, mightiest sword of all time! Wrought by Woden, the god of time. Legendary blade of King Arthur!  Hurled into the lake it sprang forth again all shining and pure! And now...now it is wielded by she who will eclipse all their deeds... Arthur... Lancelot... and even mighty Coeur de Leon..... Superwoman!



How now, Jungle Lad? Ready for another
year of madness?

Say no more, my pet.
Let the games begin!

CLICK!


And the sign said,

"The words of the prophets

are written on the subway walls

and tenement halls"


and whispered in the sounds of silence

at a utopian enclave nestled in an uncharted

region of the soul known as


Welcome back to Shady Dell Music & Memories!

19 comments:

  1. As usual you did an awesome job on this 1st post of 2011. You certainly know a lot about computers and art. It is always so entertaining visiting your blog unlike some that I encounter. I just feel it in my spirit that 2011 will be the year with posibilities to be discovered. Happy New Year my friend
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odie, thank you for the compliment but actually I know very little about computers or art. I'm glad you swung by this morning and I hope that 2011 will be your best ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Tom for Your comment.
    Your latest post reminds me The Twilight Zone. When I was very young girl, I used to watch this series very often;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woop woop! Shady is back!! Brilliant and well thought out first post of 2011, Tom. Your Blog is certainly unique, that's for sure, and I shall look forward to keeping up with you in 2011. Peace and love, man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanilianna - The Twilight Zone premiered when I was 9 years old. I am thrilled to know that decades later you were exposed to this fine anthology series when you were growing up. Thank you for writing and have a wonderful 1-1-11 in Poland!

    Thisisme - I am glad that you are back up to speed with your blogging. You are right, I try to present an unconventional blog and I am delighted to know that you find value in reading it. Enjoy the rest of your new year's day in the UK, my good friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi baby. I'll be happy if you visit my cottage

    ReplyDelete
  7. pine - Thanks for stopping by and good luck with your animated short!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tom, thanks for the ride down memory lane. I didn't visit the Dell as much as you and I only made it to White Oak Park once but the memories I have are as vivid as if it were yesterday. Brian Hershner DAHS '67

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well hello, Brian! It's wonderful to hear from another D-town classmate! I am thrilled to know that you've been checking out the blog and enjoying the stroll down Shady lane. Although the primary focus is the Dell, the range of topics is broad and I hope you will stay close and share your memories with friendly people all over the world. Now that you and Ron and Greg and Jody and Carolyn are joining the fun maybe we can attract other DAHS alumni over time. Thanks again for your comment, Brian, and welcome welcome welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I rearranged my sock drawer today, I thought you would like to know.

    Now, if only my socks had mates!

    Nice post Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where is the pic of Rod Serling with a cig. in his hand?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belle Unruh - Just to be clear, you have one of the most fun filled and interesting blogs anywhere and I even gave you a blog award. I hope and pray that you didn't think for a moment that I was poking fun at you or your site with this post. I wrote this script in 2008 long before I even knew you. Belle, you know very well how much I admire you. You are one of my favorite people in the whole world and I look forward to reading and commenting on your blog every single day!

    Israel - Rod who? (LOL) Thanks for checking in, my friend,and keep those punchlines coming.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Shady, no, I didn't think you were making fun of me at all! I was just fooling around making fun of me! I don't think you are capable of being mean to anyone. I know you love my blog. You have said so many kind and lovely things about it and about me.

    I got what you meant about boring blogs. It was funny, and I didn't mean to upset you. Sorry. I always look forward to your blog too. After having two girls and five grandchildren, I am not a sensitive person who gets offended easily or thinks the worst. No worries!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Belle - I'm so relieved to know that I didn't offend one of my very best friends. Thanks for reassuring me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What an awesome way to start off the new year! Boy, did I need that boost! Thanks, as always, Shady (and thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog. I can't tell you how much they mean to me!)!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shady Del 2011, it looks awesome. I am happy to be apart of the Dell if only via cyber space :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Joan - Thank you very much for your comment! I can't tell you what your friendship means to me. I hope that 2011 will be a stellar year for you!

    Amber Blue Bird - You're a shoo-in, my Pick to Click, my first round draft pick. You have the right stuff to be an honorary Dell rat! Thank you very much and let's make this a fab year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. a bit in late but happy new year!
    BUON ANNO!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Katia - Happy new year to you, dear friend! Thank you for checking in and checking it out!

    ReplyDelete

You talkin' to me?