CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Dell Rat Feedback


Belle Unruh wrote:


I missed this post earlier
(Snap, Crackle & Pop Part 2) -

just came across it.

I think that was Tim Considine in the Spin and Marty show. I liked him, I think he was a Hardy Boy later, but I could be wrong.



I think the old style places with the juke box and the spinning stools and the milkshakes were the best. There
was no place like this in my town where I grew up, just Woolworth's that did have those things - but no dancing.
We teens used to meet at a place called the Burger Bar, which was like a McDonald's except there were no tables.

Finally, when I was 16 Shakey's Pizza had a dance night.
My partner and I won the dance contest and got a free
large pizza! I didn't even know him, but we had a good time. Most dances for us were at the highschool or a home party.

I know you said you like stories from my years in California, but I have thought it over and I can't think of any funny or even nice stories. My teen years were full of angst, broken hearts and disillusionment. Not fit for my happy little blog.
I want you to know though how much your comments and friendship mean to me. It warms my heart when I see you
on my blog.


Shady Del Knight wrote:

Well doggone it, Belle, this is such a nice comment that I decided to bump it up to the front page! You have me reaching for my hanky!
Thank you so very much for the kind words!

You're right! That was Tim Considine as "Spin" playing opposite David Stollery as Marty. The two boys started out hating each other and ended the series as best friend. It's a life lesson for all of us.




You also remembered correctly that Tim Considine was one of the Hardy Boys (along with Tommy Kirk) in that Disney serial.








Remember the Hardy Boys in Mystery of the Applegate Treasure in 1956? Gold doubloons and pieces of eight?

Thank you so much for your comments and your delightful anecdotes, Belle! You have an awesome blog and I greatly value your friendship as well!



Don't go away. When we come back we'll meet another couple and find out everything that happened on their date. Back in 2 and 2!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Shady, I was horrified to see myself up there on your blog!! You are so funny and nice. Thanks for your kind words about my blog.
    I loved the Hardy Boys - to a young girl, they were hot! I don't remember that particular show, but then I loved all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Tim Considine being the male equivalent of Annette. She was Disney's "it" girl and he was at least one of the "it" guys. A little more trivia for you: The Mystery of the Applegate Treasure was actually a 19 episode Hardy Boys miniseries that starred Tim as Frank Hardy and Tommy Kirk as brother Joe. Both young men went on to appear in the 1959 Disney movie The Shaggy Dog and Tim continued his success playing the oldest brother on My Three Sons. Tim Considine turns 70 years of age on December 31st.

    Thanks again for your wonderful comments, your friendship and support, Belle!

    ReplyDelete

You talkin' to me?