CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Dell Rat Feedback

XXXXXXXXXXX





Dell Rat Ron wrote:

"Don't Look Back" has
always been one of my
favorite Temps' songs.






From the first time that I heard
"Isn't She Pretty" on the
Rock 180 club...




then WNOW brought them and the Del-chords to one of
their first concerts, I was hooked on the group. And the
Del-chords always made sure we knew all of their early recordings, even most of the B-sides. It was like a personal triumph for so many of us when "The Way You Do the Things You Do" hit both nationally and in the Dell jukebox...




as well as the B-side, "Just Let Me Know" receiving heavy airplay also.



From the Raven, to York, to the Howard Theater in D.C.,
I saw the Temps five or six times, never a disappointing performance. The last time I saw them (in D.C.) was the only time that David Ruffin wasn't with them, having dropped out and been replaced by Dennis Edwards of the Contours.


Shady Del Knight wrote:
Ron, as somebody who knew you back in the day I just wanna testify that you were one of the White Rose City's leading soul authorities. Thank you very much for sharing with us your memories of the Temptations, Bupp & the Boyz and all of the other great artists and groups that you remember. You have added immeasurably to our pool of knowledge!

8 comments:

  1. can't stop laughing for the "marry me" pic!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know that I gave you a good laugh today, Katiuscia. Have a wonderful evening over there in Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved "Just Le Me Know," and the montage during "The Way You Do the Things You Do." They were a great group.
    I saw something else my sister had in those days - a brand new, baby blue Mustang.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Chloe had the baby blue Stang, but you had Rocky. Right, Belle? (LOL) Thanks so much for your comment, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by...Gr8 post...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment, Gingeyginge. I hope you'll drop by often. I'm loving the nostalgia on your site and your salute to the screen stars of yesteryear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome aboard, Rosa Maria! I am delighted to have you as a blog follower and I thank you very much for your comment! I'm so glad you enjoyed my two Temptations posts. I hope you will find a lot to like here! Por favor, please come back often!

    ReplyDelete

You talkin' to me?