CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Best Music Blog Award

XXXXXXX


My dear friend Belle Unruh in Western Canada has bestowed upon me a special honor
for which I am deeply grateful. It is an award for Best Music Blog!




Best Music Blog


"He hosts an excellent blog on music from the past," Belle wrote on her site.
But there was a catch.
(Ah-HA! I knew it!)




"It is yours for
the small price of
playing the song:
Calendar Girl
by Neil Sedaka,"
Belle informed me.





"I played it over and over and danced to it in my bedroom when I was
11 years old," she wrote.

Belle, that's indeed a very small price to pay for this exceptionally sweet award.


Watch, listen and enjoy!



Belle, I am so shocked by this wonderful gesture of yours that I hear laughter in the rain...and the sun's shining!
Thank you once again for your kindness, dear friend Belle.
I deeply appreciate the gift of your friendship each and every day of the year!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the award and thanks for playing one of my favorite songs from when I was much younger.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odie, it's a great pleasure to have you joining the rat pack! Neil Sedaka is one of my favorite artists and this vintage clip of "Calendar Girl" can't be beat! Thank you very much for your comment, Odie, and enjoy your evening in Carolina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you like the award Shady! You deserve it.

    Thanks for Calendar Girl. As soon as it came on I was smiling and laughing. It is such a great song. And the video! I totally loved it! I vaugely remember seeing years ago. I'm going to be playing this song over and over once again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and dancing around your bedroom, Belle? (LOL) I'm glad you enjoyed the video. This award means a great deal to me, as do friends like you! Thanks for your comment, Belle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats. I'm new to your blog buy I'll be a frequent customer no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yvonne - YOU are sweet for paying me a visit over here, my Houston friend. Your support is greatly appreciated and I hope you'll drop by often.

    Israel - Thanks, buddy. It's great to have you as a follower and your comments are always welcome and appreciated. Remember when Kiss destroyed Anaheim?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, Jessi! I don't know how you found me but I am very happy to have you here and your comments are always welcome!

    ReplyDelete

You talkin' to me?