CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Message of Great Importance from Dan Stark!

Promotional consideration for Mr. Stark's
appearance on this blog paid for by the following:







One pill
makes
you larger.

Go ask Alice.






Howdy, folks!
Dan Stark here.
Shady Del Knight
asked me to
speak to ya
seein' as how
I used to belong
to the rat pack.





Remind me to tell ya about the time Dino, Pete Lawford, Joey Bishop and me
spent a weekend in Tahoe with the Swedish Bikini Team.

First of all I wanna give a shout-out to my best buds over at World's Scariest Police Chases. Them dudes know a helluva lot more about catchin' bad guys than some fresh outta college, wet behind the ears pretty boy who sits behind his desk all day memorizin' the rule book and askin' his supervisor's permission everytime he has to pee.

Anyways, it might be hard for some of you old timers to believe, but there are Dell rats out there who are still in their 30's. Do the math! If some lil dude was hangin' at the Dell in 1990 at age 15, he'd only be 35 today...not much older than my Trans Am!



For more than two years, Shady Dell Music & Memories has catered almost exclusively to those of you who went to the Dell in the 50's, 60's and 70's. I reminded Shady Del that it's a criminal offense to neglect the younger generation of Dell rats.

Well, startin' Saturday and for the next week-and-a-half, Shady's gonna make it up to you young pups out there by playin' your kinda music. Now if you're over 60...I gotta warn ya, some of this stuff's pretty intense..... kinda like chuggin' seven Carlings and a rock & rye and jumpin' on a mechanical bull. Five Satins? I don't think so. Platters? Fuggetaboutit! When Dell rats of the 80's reminisce about moldy oldies, they're thinkin' Foghat and ZZ Top!

It's all part of Shady's supersized Halloween celebration...
so if it ain't your thing don't take it out on your computer, don't get your panties in a bunch, and don't let the next three posts send you home cryin' to mommy. I want ya to man up, stick around, and rock the Dell 80's style...and that's a direct order straight from the Property Crimes Division of the Dallas P.D.!

This Halloween, Shady's throwin' the baddest bash this side
of Texarkana. It's a real humdinger...so for your first taste
of the hard stuff meet me back here in 48 hours!

Bring a 12-pack of Lone Star and some Doritos.....

and some bar-b-que ribs.....

and some lady friends.

Now let's you and me go kick some badge
AND BUST SOME PUNKS!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great!
    We just love "The Good Guys" at our house. My husband just told me they are on tonight.
    My son-in-law owned a used, red Trans Am in the 1980s. He loved that car, except when he was cursing it when he had to work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how well The Good Guys is doing in the ratings but I hope it finds an audience and enjoys a long run. It's laugh out loud funny. Thanks for your comment, Belle!

    ReplyDelete

You talkin' to me?