CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Friday, September 10, 2010

For Yon Dell Rats Only: 35 of the Geator's Greatest, Grooviest, Ginchiest, Gone Golden Gassers! (Part 2)





Perry Parker,
Joe Pantoliano's
character in the
1988 teen musical
The In Crowd:

You know I...
I talk to my teens
about love.....













and I always say, "This crazy thing called love, it makes you laugh...
it makes you cry...but hey, man, it's what makes the world go 'round."














Now, dying for love? Whoa! That's too momentous!

















I mean...it's good for the books, but not for teens.









Now, on the other hand...

there's nothing wrong with a teen king or a teen queen feeling like you could die for love. That way, you'd cherish every dance.....









and you'd never waste a kiss.










Love.....no one ever said it'd be easy.

You know, it's like my good friend Mr. Charlie Dickens once wrote in A Tale of Two Towns.....






"It is a far, far better thing I do...to love..... than to hang out in my room cryin'"









Alright!!! Let's have a momentous round of applause for my good friend Mr. Perry Parker from one of my favorite movies The In Crowd! It's time to continue with my official Gone Geator Goldens playlist...all the groovy greats you need to stage your very own authentic Boss with the Red Hot Sauce record hop!

Straight from the Geator's Discophonic Scene,the sounds that made his dance party the best in the land!

“In My Lonely Room" – Martha & the Vandellas (April 1964)



“The 81” - Candy and the Kisses (December 1964)



“Boo-Ga-Loo” - Tom and Jerrio (May 1965)



“The Real Thing” – Tina Britt (June 1965)



“Michael” - C.O.D.’s (December 1965)



“The Duck” – Jackie Lee (January 1966)



"Look in My Eyes" - The Three Degrees (January 1966)



“This Can’t be True” – Eddie Holman (February 1966)



“Stop Her on Sight (S.O.S.)” – Edwin Starr (March 1966)



“Mine Exclusively” – Olympics (May 1966)



“A Lady’s Man” – Volcanos (November 1966)



“Let the Good Times Roll & Feel So Good” - Bunny Sigler
(July 1967)



Fiction and fact from the Geator's almanac...more bombastic gone Geator gassers next time, so don't go away!

Have a Shady day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?