CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Monday, June 21, 2010

Shady Dell, the College Years --------- April thru July 1968

Spring break 1968 brought me down to York and up the Dell. I was home all summer long and that meant many Shady Dell nights as well. Here are the biggest Dell hits from the spring and summer of 1968!

April 1968

"Tighten Up" – Archie Bell & the Drells



May 1968

"I Am the Man for You Baby" – Edwin Starr

"My Weakness is You" – Edwin Starr



"Does Your Mama Know About Me" – Bobby Taylor & the Vancouvers



"I Could Never Love Another (After Loving You)"
– Temptations



"Think" – Aretha Franklin



June 1968

"Jumpin’ Jack Flash" – Rolling Stones



"Licking Stick – Licking Stick" – James Brown



"The Horse" – Cliff Nobles & Co.



"Love is All Right" - Cliff Nobles & Co.



"Here Comes the Judge" – Shorty Long




July 1968

"I’m a Midnight Mover" – Wilson Pickett

"Stay in My Corner" – Dells



Don't miss the next edition of Shady Dell the College Years...coming soon!

And you won't want to miss my next post because I will be presenting one of the most significant finds in the two year history of Shady Dell Music & Memories! Please join me this Friday for an unprecedented trip down Shady Lane!


Have a Shady day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?