CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Friday, April 23, 2010

Dell Rat Feedback


Greg Gulden said...

Thanks for getting it right. During the 60's the Dell was all about the music. Reading your Blog takes me back to the best days of my life. I loved John and Helen as much as you could love two people. You did the right thing on your last vist to the Dell. I went one evening just before the Dell closed. It was one of the most heart breaking times of my life. What all I saw that night I will not tell. I went there to see John but all I found was the shell of the man I loved so much. I must stop for now, I can't see for the tears.
A DELL RAT ALL WAYS - GREG

April 23, 2010 7:02 AM

Shady Del Knight said...

Greg, thank you so very much for sharing this! Every generation believes that their "stuff" was the best and yet somehow...well you know what I'm saying. I feel very lucky to have been a part of the Dell scene during its golden era of the mid 60s and I wouldn't trade places with anybody. Thanks for your comment here, Greg, and for keeping the Dell alive through your heartfelt remarks on Facebook!

April 23, 2010 8:02 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?