CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Yule Love These Memories!

Remember the 1958 Poni-tails song "Born Too Late"? Sometimes I feel like I was. For decades I regarded the mid to late 60s as my prime time but lately I find myself feeling happier and more comfortable when I listen to music released in 1963 and earlier. Please join me in remembering some of the great December songs of the 50s and early 60s. For your enjoyment I brought along some vintage seasonal soda pop ads.

"Dim, Dim the Lights (I Want Some Atmosphere)" - Bill Haley & the Comets (December 1954)



"Teen-Age Prayer" - Gloria Mann (December 1955)



"Don't Forbid Me" - Pat Boone (December 1956)



"Be Bop Baby" - Ricky Nelson (December 1957)



"Lonely Teardrops" - Jackie Wilson (December 1958)



"The Big Hurt" - Miss Toni Fisher (December 1959)



"Poetry in Motion" - Johnny Tillotson (December 1960)



"Poor Fool" - Ike & Tina Turner (December 1961)



"All Alone Am I" - Brenda Lee (December 1962)



"Drip Drop" - Dion (December 1963)



More holiday memories are coming up in my next post, so please be here!

Have a Shady day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?