CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Shady Dell, the College Years: October/November 1967

Hard to believe, but life went on at the Dell even when I wasn't around. My recently completed countdown of the 200 Greatest Hits of the Shady Dell covered the 22-month period from December 1965 through September 1967 at which time I left York to attend college. Over the next four years I returned home on Christmas breaks, spring breaks and summer vacations and spent as much time as possible at the Dell catching up with friends and finding out which tunes were popular on the jukebox.

In the coming months I'll be presenting some of the most memorable Dell songs from my college years. Let’s get the ball rollin’ and keep the ball rollin’ with some of the Dell biggies from October and November of 1967.

October 1967

"(Loneliness Made Me Realize) It’s You That I Need” – Temptations



“Don’t Send Me Away” – Temptations



"Keep the Ball Rollin’” – Jay & The Techniques



“Boogaloo Down Broadway” – Fantastic Johnny C



November 1967

"Daydream Believer" – Monkees



"I Heard It Through The Grapevine" – Gladys Knight & The Pips



"Piece Of My Heart" – Erma Franklin



"Skinny Legs And All" – Joe Tex



"Honey Chile" – Martha & The Vandellas



It's Christmas 1967 at the Dell in next month's installment of College Years. Don't miss it!

Have a Shady day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?