CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Monday, August 24, 2009

200 Greatest Hits of the Shady Dell Part 19 (#20 to #11)

Dell rats, it's time to get serious.

The hardest of the hardcore Dell songs are all that you'll find from here on in as my countdown of the 200 Greatest Hits of the Shady Dell nears its conclusion.




Each of the 10 songs in this week's countdown is a certified Dell smash and a guaranteed dance floor filler! Look at the lyrics and name the tunes.




Signpost up ahead. Your next stop...


I start grinnin' 'cause my head starts spinnin'

Inspiration
(Came from your embrace)

nothing can sew it, and I know it

If your hands are tied
And you just can’t seem to get ‘em free

when I take you out somewhere
and bus fare is all I can spare

If you get cold I’ll be your cover.

I'll be looking every day
I know I'm gonna find a way

I had enough of
bright party lights

Oh, can’t you see
they’re calling me

look at that girl dressed in red

(end of clues)

Remember the grading scale:

All 10 right – Congratulations! You’ve been appointed dean of the College of Musical Knowledge

7-9 right – Licensed lyric lover

4-6 right - Lyrically challenged

1-3 right – Sign up for remedial classes at the School of Rock

0 right – You just dance and hum along!

Now, here are this week's 10 Shady Dell countdown songs:

20. "This Old Heart of Mine" - Isley Brothers (February '66)

19. "You Gave Me Something (And Everything's Alright)" – Fantastic Four (June '67)

18. "All Your Lovin's Gone to My Head" - Magnificent Men (December '65)

17. "Take Some Time Out for Love" - Isley Brothers (June '66)

16. "I Got Everything I Need" - Sam & Dave (April '66)

15. "Hold On, I'm a Comin'" - Sam & Dave (April '66)

14. "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted" - Jimmy Ruffin (August '66)

13. "I'll Take Good Care of You" - Garnet Mimms (April '66)

12. "Big City Lights" - Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs (August '65)

11. "The Boogaloo Party" - Flamingos (March '66)

Do you have a Shady Dell Top Tunes list of your own that you would like to share? I'd love to see it, especially if it covers a different period of Dell history. It doesn't have to contain 200 songs; even a Top 10 would be interesting and instructive. Submit your Dell's Greatest Hits list in the form of a comment and I'll get it posted.

Have a Shady day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?