CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Friday, May 8, 2009

Honoring Helen Ettline: The Mother of All Dell Rats!

Helen Ettline didn't have any children of her own.





In a way,
we were
all her kids
and she was
our mom.








Helen and John clearly loved kids. Why else would they have put up with the aggravation all those years? The Ettlines believed in kids. They enjoyed counseling and helping kids.

Helen Ettline always greeted me with a warm smile. She was an attentive listener. When I had good news to share or a funny tale to tell, Helen often made me feel special by calling John over and urging me to repeat my story for John's benefit. Helen made me feel like family...like I belonged. She was a very special lady.

In observance of Mother's Day, I picked out a video that I think Helen would enjoy. Helen, this is for you:



Happy Mother's Day, Helen! We love you and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?