CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

200 Greatest Hits of the Shady Dell Part 16 (#50 to #41)

Get ready! We're heading down the home stretch and busting into the Shady Dell Top 50!

Every song from here on out was a solid smash with the gang in the dance hall. Take a look at the lyric snippets and name those tunes!

Lil John Henry he said to Sue

stick with me baby
I'll show ya how to fly

I can't hold out very much longer

I’m feelin’ good
I knew I would

Got to be free, baby
To roam around

Every time you shake it girl
I like it more

How’d you find the nerve to take a pen in your hand

A sip of her love and I was walkin' on a cloud

the time it takes to find you (It's outta sight)

Let's knock 'em dead, one time.

(end of clues)

Remember the grading scale:

All 10 right – Congratulations! You’ve been appointed dean of the College of Musical Knowledge

7-9 right – Licensed lyric lover

4-6 right - Lyrically challenged

1-3 right – Sign up for remedial classes at the School of Rock

0 right – You just dance and hum along!

Now, here are this week's 10 Shady Dell countdown songs:

50. "Barefootin'" - Robert Parker (May '66)

49. "Night Time" - Strangeloves (January '66)

48. "Jimmy Mack" - Martha & the Vandellas (March '67)

47. "You Changed My Life" - Magnificent Men (July '67)

46. "(I'm a) Road Runner" - Jr. Walker & the All Stars (April '66)

45. "Sock it to Me-Baby" - Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels (February '67)

44. "Truly Yours" - Spinners (June '66)

43. "Double Shot (of My Baby's Love)" - Swingin' Medallions (May '66)

42. "Get Ready" - Temptations (March '66)

41. "Hanky Panky" - Tommy James & the Shondells (June '66)

Do you have a Shady Dell Top Tunes list of your own that you would like to share? I'd love to see it, especially if it covers a different period of Dell history. It doesn't have to contain 200 songs; even a Top 10 would be interesting and instructive. Submit your Dell's Greatest Hits list in the form of a comment and I'll get it posted.

Have a Shady day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?