CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

200 Greatest Hits of the Shady Dell Part 14 (#70 to #61)

Golly, it's been quite a while since our last installment of the 200 Greatest Hits of the Shady Dell. Let's roll!

At this point in the countdown, the hardcore Dell songs are emerging! Regional acts are responsible for 4 out of the 10 songs in this week's countdown list. Examine the lyrics below and see if you can name those tunes!

That road goes nowhere

Let it flow like the river

And I might wave, come up here
But I don't see you wavin now

Don't judge a book by it's cover

Don’t sit there and stew

She told me that she loves me
And that I must believe
She put no one above me
And that she’ll never leave

You're earthquakin', soul shakin'

I’m gonna relax like everybody should

You know I'll bring her in someday

No squeaks from the swings
No kids are at play

(end of clues)

Remember the grading scale:

All 10 right – Congratulations! You’ve been appointed dean of the College of Musical Knowledge

7-9 right – Licensed lyric lover

4-6 right - Lyrically challenged

1-3 right – Sign up for remedial classes at the School of Rock

0 right – You just dance and hum along!

Now, here are this week's 10 Shady Dell countdown songs:

70. "Kicks" - Paul Revere & the Raiders (March '66)

69. "Open the Door to Your Heart" - Darrell Banks (July '66)

68. "96 Tears" - (?) Question Mark & the Mysterians (September '66)

67. "Beauty is Only Skin Deep" - Temptations (September '66)

66. "Find Someone (Who'll Make You Happy)" - Kit Kats (November '66)

65. "Lookin' for My Baby" - Emperors (May '67)

64. "I Got a Feeling" - Four Tops (March '67)

63. "Gimme Some Lovin'" - Jordan Brothers (February '67)

62. "Searchin'" - Emperors (May '67)

61. "It's Now Winter's Day" - Tommy Roe (January '67)

Do you have a Shady Dell Top Tunes list of your own that you would like to share? I'd love to see it, especially if it covers a different period of Dell history. It doesn't have to contain 200 songs; even a Top 10 would be interesting and instructive. Submit your Dell's Greatest Hits list in the form of a comment and I'll get it posted.

Have a Shady day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?