CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Saturday, February 21, 2009

200 Greatest Hits of the Shady Dell Part 13 (#80 to #71)

We're gettin' way up there where the air is rare!


The countdown continues now as we salute 10 more heavyweight hits from the Shady Dell of the mid 60s.

Examine these lyrics and name those tunes!



In the rain
In the dark, in the sun

Wiggle your legs, baby

Better take it easy, 'cause the place is on fire

You'll be my lovin' woman, I'll be your lovin' man

Once again heartache has found me

If I didnt tell her
I could leave today

I spy for the FBI

If I had my choice of matter
I would rather be with cats

Walkin' down my street
Why don’t ya come up to my house?

Not a sad word should a young heart be saying

(end of clues)

Remember the grading scale:

All 10 right – Congratulations! You’ve been appointed dean of the College of Musical Knowledge

7-9 right – Licensed lyric lover

4-6 right - Lyrically challenged

1-3 right – Sign up for remedial classes at the School of Rock

0 right – You just dance and hum along!

Now, here are this week's 10 Shady Dell countdown songs:

80. "Ebb Tide" - Righteous Brothers (December '65)

79. "Funky Broadway" - Dyke & The Blazers (March '67)

78. "Gimme Some Lovin'" - Spencer Davis Group (January '67)

77. "Let's Live For Today" - Grass Roots (May '67)

76. "I've Passed This Way Before" - Jimmy Ruffin (December '66)

75. "California Dreamin'" - Mamas & Papas (January '66)

74. "My Baby Likes To Boogaloo" - Emperors (March '67)

73. "I'm A Man" - Spencer Davis Group (April '67)

72. "Gloria" - Shadows Of Knight (March '66)

71. "Since I Lost My Baby" - Temptations (August '65)

Do you have a Shady Dell Top Tunes list of your own that you would like to share? I'd love to see it, especially if it covers a different period of Dell history. It doesn't have to contain 200 songs; even a Top 10 would be interesting and instructive. Submit your Dell's Greatest Hits list in the form of a comment and I'll get it posted.

Have a Shady day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?