CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Friday, December 12, 2008

200 Greatest Hits of the Shady Dell Part 10 (#110 to #101)

Seems like a mighty long time since the last Dell song countdown, so let's get right to it. We start by remembering some of the players that secured positions on the reserve squad.

Bubbling Under
The 200 Greatest Hits of the Shady Dell

241. "White Rabbit" - Jefferson Airplane (July '67)
235. "Expressway To Your Heart" – Soul Survivors (September ’67)
233. "You Can't Hurry Love" - Supremes (August '66)
226. "Get On Up" - Esquires (August '67)
219. "Can't Get Enough Of You Baby" - ? (Question Mark) & Mysterians (April '67)
209. "Baby You're A Rich Man" - Beatles (August '67)


It's time to
reveal the final
group of songs
before we break
into the awesome
Shady Dell Top 100.
Here are the clues
to identifying these
strong contenders:



I think I love you
But I wanna know for sure

I've waited too long
To love you, to hold you in my arms

Like steam from a coffee pot

All around, people looking half dead

Once again you'll be mine

I still think we can do it

In the daytime I’m alright
But I need your love, need your love at night

been away too long, I can't stand the pain

again and again and again and again

(Shake it baby up) Come on an
(Shake it baby up) Come on an

When my way was dark and troubles were near

(end of clues)

Remember the grading scale:

All 10 right – Congratulations! You’ve been appointed dean of the College of Musical Knowledge

7-9 right – Licensed lyric lover

4-6 right - Lyrically challenged

1-3 right – Sign up for remedial classes at the School of Rock

0 right – You just dance and hum along!

Now, here are this week's 10 Shady Dell countdown songs:


110. "Wild Thing" - Troggs (July '66)

109. "Time Won't Let Me" - Outsiders (March '66)

108. "Fading Away" - Temptations (March '66)

107. "Summer In The City" - Lovin' Spoonful (July '66)

106. "Woman" - Peter & Gordon (February '66)

105. "Baby, I'm Lonely" - Intruders (September '67)

104. "Nineteen Days" - Dave Clark Five (November '66)

103. "Come On Let's Go" - McCoys (May '66)

102. "Say I Am (What I Am)" - Tommy James & The Shondells (August '66)

101. "You're My Everything" - Temptations (August '67)

Do you have a Shady Dell Top Tunes list of your own that you would like to share? I'd love to see it, especially if it covers a different period of Dell history. It doesn't have to contain 200 songs; even a Top 10 would be interesting and instructive. Submit your Dell's Greatest Hits list in the form of a comment and I'll get it posted.

Have a Shady day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?