CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

200 Greatest Hits of the Shady Dell Part 9 (#120 to #111)

We, the rank and file members of the grand old DelloRatic party, were the voters. The Shady Dell was our polling place. The jukebox was the ballot box and we voted nightly by stuffing that ballot box with our dimes and quarters. The results are in! It's time to reveal ten more of the songs that we elected to the Shady Dell Hall of Fame!

Before we continue our countdown, however, let's give honorable mention to a few of the songs that were on the ballot, but couldn't quite muster enough votes to make the top 200:

Bubbling Under
The 200 Greatest Hits of the Shady Dell

243. "Little Girl" - Syndicate Of Sound (June '66)
231. "Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart" - Supremes (May '66)
220. "A Love That's Real" - Intruders (September '67)
218. "Smokes" - ? (Question Mark) & The Mysterians (April '67)
215. "Dandelion" - Rolling Stones (September '67)
202. "We Can Work It Out" - Beatles (December '65)


Here now are the lyric clues to this week's Shady Dell 10. Name those tunes!

Sorrow would be written
On my face
By the pen of loneliness
Time couldn`t erase

Tonight Ill sing my songs again
Ill play the game and pretend

Am I asking too much for you to stick around

But I'm telling you, darling
I feel it in my heart, got it in my soul

You were so real that I could feel your eagerness

We got to make the break
'Cause we got too much at stake

You been running all over the town now.

Its sleeping in my memory.

You need some guidin’ baby
I'm just decidin’ baby

thank you for that
gleam that flows with grace

(end of clues)


Remember the grading scale:

All 10 right – Congratulations! You’ve been appointed dean of the College of Musical Knowledge

7-9 right – Licensed lyric lover

4-6 right - Lyrically challenged

1-3 right – Sign up for remedial classes at the School of Rock

0 right – You just dance and hum along!


Now, here are this week's 10 Shady Dell countdown songs:

120. "I'll Turn To Stone" - Four Tops (June '67)

119. "Homeward Bound" - Simon & Garfunkel (February '66)

118. "Lightnin' Strikes" - Lou Christie (January '66)

117. "With This Ring" - Platters (March '67)

116. "I Had Too Much To Dream (Last Night)" - Electric Prunes (December '66)

115. "(We Ain't Got) Nothin' Yet" - Blues Magoos (December '66)

114. "Mustang Sally" - Wilson Pickett (December '66)

113. "I Am A Rock" - Simon & Garfunkel (May '66)

112. "Let's Spend The Night Together" - Rolling Stones (February '67)

111. "Sunny" - Bobby Hebb (July '66)

Do you have a Shady Dell Top Tunes list of your own that you would like to share? I'd love to see it, especially if it covers a different period of Dell history. It doesn't have to contain 200 songs; even a Top 10 would be interesting and instructive. Submit your Dell's Greatest Hits list in the form of a comment and I'll get it posted.

Have a Shady day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?