CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Monday, September 22, 2008

200 Greatest Hits of the Shady Dell Part 6 (#150 to #141)

Betcha thought that I forgot about the countdown. No way! We're back in business, picking up where we left off at #150. First things first, though. Let's remember a few of the other Dell ditties that didn't quite make it into the Top 200:

Bubbling Under
The 200 Greatest Hits of the Shady Dell

248. "Let's Go Baby Where The Action Is" - Robert Parker (May '66)
242. "Barbara Ann" - Beach Boys (January '66)
229. "When You're Young And In Love" - Marvelettes (May '67)
213. "Lady Jane" - Rolling Stones (July '66)
208. "All You Need Is Love" - Beatles (July '67)


This week’s Name that Tune challenge should be a slam dunk because gazillion sellers abound. Ready? Go!

get out of my life
and let me sleep at night

When I needed sunshine I got rain.

you're daddy's rich
and your mommy's good-lookin'

I'm in way over my head;
Now she thinks that I love her

Whenever he calls me I come runnin' on the double

I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

Without you I had no consolation
But with you I have appreciation.
Darlin’ can’t live this life without you.
I love everything about you.

Got spring and summer runnin’ through me

I know what your thinking,
You're alone now, no love of your own

Gonna live each minute
Fill the hours and days
Til I`ve had my fill

(end of clues)


Remember the grading scale:

All 10 right – Congratulations! You’ve been appointed dean of the College of Musical Knowledge

7-9 right – Licensed lyric lover

4-6 right - Lyrically challenged

1-3 right – Sign up for remedial classes at the School of Rock

0 right – You just dance and hum along!


Now, let's have a look at this week's Shady Dell countdown songs:

150. "You Keep Me Hangin' On" - Supremes (November '66)

149. "I'm A Believer" - Monkees (December '66)

148. "Summertime" - Billy Stewart (July '66)

147. "I Saw Her Again" - Mamas & Papas (July '66)

146. "My Baby Loves Me" - Martha & The Vandellas (February '66)

145. "Paint It, Black" - Rolling Stones (May '66)

144. "You Got Me Where You Want Me" - Emperors (March '67)

143. "98.6" - Keith (December '66)

142. "Reach Out I'll Be There" - Four Tops (September '66)

141. "Hungry" - Paul Revere & The Raiders (June '66)

Do you have a Shady Dell Top Tunes list of your own that you would like to share? I'd love to see it, especially if it covers a different period of Dell history. It doesn't have to contain 200 songs; even a Top 10 would be interesting and instructive. Submit your Dell's Greatest Hits list in the form of a comment and I'll get it posted.

Have a Shady day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?