CLOSE YOUR EYES. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. OPEN YOUR HEART.

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR

SHADY DEL KNIGHT, ADMINISTRATOR
High School Yearbook Photo

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight

"More than a place, the Shady Dell was and will forever remain a state of mind." - Shady Del Knight
HELLO STRANGER ... IT SEEMS LIKE A MIGHTY LONG TIME!

Monday, September 1, 2008

200 Greatest Hits of the Shady Dell Part 4 (#170 to #161)

Before resuming the countdown, let's pause once again to salute a few more fine records that were "bubbling under" the 200 Greatest Hits of the Shady Dell:

247. "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" - Frankie Valli (May '67)
230. "Sunday Will Never Be The Same" - Spanky & Our Gang (May '67)
228. "Oogum Boogum Song" - Brenton Wood (April '67)
223. "Stop, Stop, Stop" - Hollies (November '66)
214. "Ruby Tuesday" - Rolling Stones (January '67)
201. "Day Tripper" - Beatles (December '65)

Drums kept pounding rhythm to our brains while the singers and songwriters expanded our minds and influenced our lives with their messages. Ready to play name that tune? Here are the lyrics to this week’s 10 Shady Dell countdown songs:

in your head baby I'm afraid you don't know where it is

I'm glad I've finally opened up my eyes
And pushed the fear of love, the fear of love aside

don't worry,
Take your time, don't hurry

You try hard to hide
the emptiness inside

Deliver me from reasons why
You'd rather cry, I'd rather fly.

If this whole world crumbles,
By her side I'll still be standing there.

I need you girl, by my side
Uh-oh, little girl, would you like to take a ride, now

and what I'd like
for you to say
is you'll come home
to me each day

I'm hanging on a string girl, I'll do anything

Walls move. Minds do too.

(end of clues)


Remember the grading scale:

All 10 right – Congratulations! You’ve been appointed dean of the College of Musical Knowledge

7-9 right – Licensed lyric lover

4-6 right - Lyrically challenged

1-3 right – Sign up for remedial classes at the School of Rock

0 right – You just dance and hum along!


Now, here are this week's 10 Shady Dell countdown songs:

170. "Somebody To Love" - Jefferson Airplane (April '67)

169. "I'm Ready For Love" - Martha & The Vandellas (December '66)

168. "Nowhere Man" - Beatles (March '66)

167. "(I Know) I'm Losing You" - Temptations (November '66)

166. "The Crystal Ship" - Doors (June '67)

165. "I Was Made To Love Her" - Stevie Wonder (June '67)

164. "Psychotic Reaction" - Count Five (September '66)

163. "Just Like Me" - Paul Revere & The Raiders (December '65)

162. "I'm Your Puppet" - James & Bobby Purify (October '66)

161. "San Franciscan Nights" - Eric Burdon & The Animals (August '67)

Do you have a Shady Dell Top Tunes list of your own that you would like to share? I'd love to see it, especially if it covers a different period of Dell history. It doesn't have to contain 200 songs; even a Top 10 would be interesting and instructive. Submit your Dell's Greatest Hits list in the form of a comment and I'll get it posted.

Have a Shady day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?